Sunday, February 8, 2009

Laid Low by A Common Virus!

I have not been blogging lately because I've had the flu. It started on Wednesday and has presented me with a delightful cornucopia of symptoms, the most tenacious of which has been loss of appetite (along with its constant companion, Nausea, and that annoying party-crasher Puking). So not only have I not been cooking, my diet for the past several days has consisted of "white sodas" (7Up, Sprite and splendiferous ginger ale) and a packet of dry chicken noodle soup mix provided by my physician sister. Life has presented me with a customarily-appetizing parade of foods these past days in which I have no interest whatsoever. It's Bizarro-world. The only good thing about this bug is that it has occasioned a rapturous reunion between me and ginger ale, which was my favorite soda all through college. Canada Dry edges out Schweppes brand-wise because IT HAS A MAP ON IT. I spent the entirety of my cliched European semester abroad trying to locate a can of ginger ale, which is a drink impossible to describe in a foreign language. Unless, that is, you happen to know the word for "ginger" in, say, French (it's "gingembre") and you happen to be in Cannes. Once I return to full strength, there will be cooking and there will be blogging. In the meantime, knock back a Canada Dry for me and toast to my hopefully-returning health. *koff*

No comments: