Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back from Vacay


The huz and I have just returned from a much-needed tropical vacation, one highlight of which you can see above. That is us, and behind us, that is a totally kick-ass waterfall. Best! Swim! Ever! The occasion for this getaway was our upcoming ten-year anniversary, which has now been well and truly celebrated. Culinary highlights are forthcoming. While the food on the cruise ship was good and abundant, I didn't geek out and take pictures of anything. However, the best discovery was the "Asian Corner" of the buffet, where yours truly could get samosas and spring rolls in unlimited quantities. Score! However, the real food spelunking took place in San Juan, PR, where we spent some time on either end of our cruise and where I ate one of the most delicious lunches I've had in recent memory and also had to tragically pass up what would have been a mind-blowing dinner because I was still digesting my mind-blowing lunch. Also there were a few places in the West Indies we had to skip because (a) they most emphatically took only cash payment, and (b) they were too sketchy for bacteriaphobe husband (although in this case he might have been on the right side of this argument).

At any rate, over a week away from the kitchen has re-invigorated my energy for cooking and the resulting meals - with recipes! - will be coming soon, including an old favorite that has the shortest and simplests recipe imaginable - only five ingredients, and one of them is a tablespoon of olive oil, which doesn't really count. Also including a recipe I kind of created myself and am calling a "Ho-Ho of Meat." Stay tuned, trio of faithful blog readers!!!

No comments: