Tuesday, August 26, 2008

...Still waiting for pictures


If I were a more independent and self-actualized woman, I would learn how to upload my own digital photos onto the laptop my own damn self. If I had actually been listening to the lyrics of Destiny's Child's "Independent Woman Pt. 1" or Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" or any of the Ani DiFranco CDs I bought in college, I would take the initiative to master what is most assuredly a fairly uncomplicated piece of technology that would save me from becoming one of those grannies who relies on the teenage grandkids to program whatever the 2040 analog to the TiVo might end up being. But no. This isn't a technophobe thing. It's more one of those marital-bailiwick things. The digital camera is my husband's turf in much the same way that, say, home plumbing is mine. See, I'm not a total dunce, Gloria Steinem! But what this means for my two faithful blog readers (hi, mom) is that the breathtaking shots of my cherry clafoutis are not yet available for public consumption even though the dessert itself was made available for private consumption some weeks ago. Option the first is to abandon the notion that this is a cooking blog and just use it as a forum to grouse about library patrons. Option the second is to move on. Thoughts? Opinions?

2 comments:

trainingemmy said...

As one of your readers, my vote is on move on...if it gets you writing again.

As in: Jeez, what's a girl got to do around here to get a post out of you?

Love the skeleton at the computer pic, though. Very appropriate.

DramaMama said...

You now have 3 readers...and I always want to post more pics than I do too. I wish there was a better layout on blogger! Oh well. I've been enjoying what I've read so far...off to read more...